Associate Professor of Pervasive Computing
Distributed and Pervasive Systems Group
Institute of Computer Science
University of Tartu, Estonia.
Docent (Dosentti) at University of Helsinki, Finland.
Academy of Finland Postdoc Fellow (Alumni)
Faculty of Science Postdoc Fellow at University of Helsinki (Alumni)
E-mail: huber.flores AT ut.ee
Narva mnt 18 (Delta Centre)
51009 TARTU ÜLIKOOL
Curriculum Vitae - CV
Find me also in Google Scholar,
Courses that I am imparting this semester.
I conduct research in Mobile, Pervasive and Cloud Computing.
Prospective PhD students and postdocs: I am always looking for exceptional students with hunger to climb up to the top of the academic ladder, and willing to compete toe-to-toe with the best there is in our field. If you have the passion for distributed and pervasive systems, drop me an e-mail with "Candidate for DPS group" in the subject. Check our current open positions.
Research projects in progress:
Previous research projects to which I have contributed:
- [2021-2023][EU Horizon project] SPATIAL (Security and Privacy Accountable Technology Innovation, Algorithms and Machine Learning)
- [2019-2023][IT Estonian Academy Programme for Development of ICT Research] Foundations of Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles for Pervasive Sensing
- 01.06.2021 Available postdoc position (Distributed machine learning and Explainable AI) in our group is now open. Apply here!
- 29.04.2021 Our work also got featured in Research in Estonia news
- 13.04.2021 Our research about Marine Pollution Monitoring with Underwater Drones got featured in local Estonian news.
- 13.04.2021 We got a paper accepted in IEEE Pervasive Computing Magazine
- 08.03.2021 We got a paper in ACM UMAP 2021
- 04.03.2021 Serving as TPC Member of 5GTEV'21 (5G Testing and Experimentation in Verticals: Industry 4.0, Smart cities 2021) in conjuction with IFIP Networking
- 24.01.2021 We got a paper accepted in Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal
- 18.01.2021 We are contributing to the EU Horizon project: SPATIAL (Security and Privacy Accountable Technology Innovation, Algorithms and Machine Learning) - Explainable AI for Distributed and Federated Machine Learning
- 06.01.2021 Serving as PC Member of ACM UMAP 2021
- 22.12.2020 Our MIDAS paper is accepted in IEEE PerCom 2021
- 01.11.2020 We got a paper accepted in IEEE IoT Magazine
- 03.09.2020 Serving as TPC Member of IUI 2021
- 06.07.2020 HotPOST program is online! 2 technical sessions and 1 keynote talk
- 22.05.2020 We got a paper into ACM HEALTH
- 04.05.2020 Our paper PENGUIN: Aquatic Plastic Pollution Sensing using AUVs will be presented in DroNet 2020 (in conjunction with ACM MobiSys 2020)
- 16.04.2020 We got a paper accepted into ACM UbiComp/IMWUT 2020
- 26.03.2020 PerCrowd 2020 program is online! One Keynote talk about Fullfilling the Promise of Mobile Device Crowds by Prof. Mostafa Ammar (Georgia Tech, USA), two technical sessions and a panel about Edge Intelligence Enabled by Multi-Device Systems
- 12.03.2020 Our paper Estimating Energy Footprint with Thermal Imaging got featured in ACM SIGMOBILE GetMobile (quarterly printed magazine)
- older news
- March 2019, The Hong Kong University of Science and Techonology, Prof. Pan Hui
- April 2018, Lancaster University, Dr. Petteri Nurmi
- January-August 2014, The Hong Kong University of Science and Techonology, Prof. Pan Hui
Huber Flores is an Associate Professor of Pervasive Computing at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia as well as a Docent (Affiliate Professor) at the University of Helsinki, Finland. Prior to that, he held the prestigious Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Fellowship and the competitive Faculty of Science Postdoctoral Fellowship of the University of Helsinki. He is former member of UBICOMP at University of Oulu, Finland, and SyMLab at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong. He is member of ACM (SIGMOBILE) and IEEE associations. He is also the recipient of the Jorma Ollila Award given by the Nokia Foundation. His major research interests include mobile and pervasive computing, distributed systems, and mobile cloud computing.
Talks and events album
Former member of the following research groups