1st IEEE International Workshop on Context-Awareness for Multi-Device Pervasive and Mobile Computing (co-located with IEEE PerCom 2018), Athens, Greece.
Monday, March 19th, 2018.
8:45 am - 9:00 am : Opening remarks by General chair(s)
Dr. Huber Flores, University of Helsinki, Finland.
9:00 am - 10:00 am : Keynote speaker
Title: The Internet of People (IoP): A New Wave in Pervasive Mobile Computing
Dr. Andrea Pasarella, IIT-CNR, Italy.
Cyber-Physical convergence, the fast expansion of the Internet at its edge, and tighter interactions between human users and their personal mobile devices push toward an Internet where the human user becomes more central than ever, and where their personal devices become their proxies in the cyber world, in addition to acting as a fundamental tool to sense the physical world. The current Internet paradigm, which is infrastructure-centric, is not the right one to cope with such emerging scenario with a wider range of applications. This calls for a radically new Internet paradigm, that we name the Internet of People (IoP), where the humans and their personal devices are not seen merely as end users of applications, but become active elements of the Internet. Note that IoP is not a replacement of the current Internet infrastructure, but it exploits legacy Internet services as (reliable) primitives to achieve end-to-end connectivity on a global-scale. The talk discusses the key features of the IoP paradigm along with the underlying research issues and challenges. Then it presents emerging networking and computing paradigms that are anticipating IoP.
10:00 am - 11:00 am : Session 1 - Context modeling and community formation
- Towards Collaborative Multi-device Computing, Wenxiao Zhang (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology), Huber Flores (University of Helsinki) and Pan Hui (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Combining Crowdsourcing and Crowdsensing to Infer the Spatial Context, Fausto Giunchiglia, Mattia Zeni and Enrico Bignotti (University of Trento, Italy)
- Probability of Task Completion and Energy Consumption in Cooperative Pervasive Mobile Computing, Duc V. Le, Hans Scholten and Paul Havinga (University of Twente, The Netherlands); Thuong C. Nguyen (Trusting Social Co., Australia)
- Pervasive Communities in the Internet of People, Eemil Lagerspetz (University of Helsinki, Finland); Huber Flores (University of Helsinki, Finland); Niko Mäkitalo (University of Helsinki, Finland); Pan Hui (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology & Telekom Innovation Laboratories, Hong Kong); Petteri Nurmi (Lancaster University, United Kingdom (Great Britain) & University of Helsinki, Finland); Sasu Tarkoma (University of Helsinki, Finland); Andrea Passarella (IIT-CNR, Italy); Joerg Ott (Technische Universität München, Germany); Peter Reichl (University of Vienna, Austria); Marco Conti (IIT-CNR, Italy); Markus Fiedler (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden); Jatinder Singh (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom (Great Britain)); Thorsten Strufe (TU Dresden, Germany); Tobias Hoβfeld (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany); Anders Lindgren (Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden); Daniele Quercia (Bell Labs Cambridge, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
11:00 am - 11:30 am : Coffee break
11:30 am - 12:30 pm : Session 2 - Use cases for context awareness and decision making
- Context Awareness Mobile Devices for Traffic Incident Prevention, Francesco Mercaldo (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy); Fabio Martinelli (CNR-IIT, Italy); VIttoria Nardone (University of Sannio, Italy); Antonella Santone (University of Molise, Italy); Albina Orlando (IAC-CNR, Italy)
- Enhancing Veracity of IoT Generated Big Data in Decision Making, Xiaoli Liu, Satu Tamminen, Xiang Su and Pekka Siirtola (University of Oulu, Finland); Juha Röning (Oulu University Secure Programming Group, Finland); Jukka Riekki (University of Oulu, Finland); Jussi Kiljander (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland); Juha-Pekka Soininen (VTT Technical Research Centre, Finland)
- A Context Aware Prototype Application for University Students and Lecturers, Sabiha Nuzhat (Curtin University, United Arab Emirates); Salih Ismail and Talal Shaikh (Heriot Watt University, United Arab Emirates)
- Context Aware Telco Churn Prediction Powered by Temporal Feature Engineering, Ruirui Bai (Soochow University, Hong Kong); Weixiong Rao (Tongji University, China); Mingxuan Yuan (Noah's Ark Lab, Huawei, Hong Kong); Jia Zeng (Noah's Ark Lab, Huawei & Soochow University, Hong Kong); Jianfeng Yan (Huawei Noah's Ark Lab, China)
12:30 pm - 13:00 pm : Group discussion